Raising the Bar: Understanding What It Means to Be a House Call Dentist
House calls are not a thing of the past. In fact, they are very much the present and even a requirement for many special needs children who have physical, medical, or cognitive challenges that make it difficult to travel to the dentist.
However, house call dentistry is a unique and highly specialized field that requires providers that are properly vetted to take care of the vulnerable population they serve. In today’s blog House Call Dentists shared with us an inside look at the advanced training and the highest level of health and immunization standards that are required of their team members.
- All of our dentists have received 1-2 years of post-graduate (G.P.R.) advanced training in caring for patients with special needs.
- Our dentists and assistants are fully privileged at multiple Bay Area hospitals where they routinely perform surgery.
- Our team protects frail or immune compromised patients from infectious diseases by having the current vaccines and immunizations required of surgery room doctors. That includes Hepatitis B and C, Flu, Varicella, Rubella, Mumps, Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis and Tuberculosis.
- Blende is Chief of the Dental Division at the four Sutter Hospitals (CPMC), as well as Chief at Kaiser Permanente, San Francisco. Staff dentists are also privileged at Marin General Hospital, Mills-Peninsula Hospital, Kaiser San Rafael, and 3 Hospitals in New York City.
- Our vetting process allows House Call Dentists to offer a range of services from simple emergency palliative care to more complex and sophisticated restorative care in the safety of the home or, when necessary, in a hospital setting.
- In addition to dentists, the House Call team includes oral surgeons, periodontists, endodontists, and physician anesthesiologists.
- Our house call van brings both a dentist and an assistant to ensure the comfort of the patient and the effectiveness of the care provider, as well as our state of the art mobile equipment.
If you think your child is a candidate for At Home or Asleep dentistry make sure you’re getting them the care they deserve. Ask for the full credentials of your health care providers.
For more information on special needs dentistry visit House Call Dentists. They will offer a $100 off your first visit with code 4kids17.